It’s time for everyone’s favorite read! It’s a little late because of reasons (our elevator broke the day before Christmas and it’s a righteous bitch to walk up and down with Sniff) (also, Sniff ate my passport) (and my mom and Magnus came to visit) (plus, we had our neighbors over for dinner).
I’m starting to get a little sick of these questions, so I’m switching it up a bit (that also took time).
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
– I owned my own dog and watched her grow up.
– Simon and I went on our first ski trip together. (He left me in the slopes alone a lot.)
– I went to the release party of Magnus’ band’s first album and heard them play for the first time.
– We became a weekend home for the local dog shelter.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Write more – check!
Fight less – check!
This year I will fight more, because last year was boring and it’s no fun if I can’t fight back.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Åland, if that still counts. US, finally.
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
7. What date from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Aside from the bad stuff, I’ll say August 24 when I went back to school and left my other life behind.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Keeping my temper under check. Not stomping on anyone’s face. Getting awesome grades because my brain is so big.
9. What was your biggest failure?
– Being unable to teach Sniff not to chew on stuff while she’s home alone. Bad puppy.
– Not avoiding the usual work idiocy.
– Procrastinating homework.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
My ear was a bitch all year.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Oh, you know, the usual asshats, liars and morons.
14. Where did most of your money go?
– On stuff for puppy. And veterinary bills because she ran into things a lot.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2015?
First thing first: I need to ban Simon from my Spotify account. And usually I check the list on Last.fm what my top tracks during the year was, but those songs are the same every year because I only listen to my favorite music – songs of 2015 are rarely on it because I hear them on the radio. (And because I never listen to new music.)
Also, this year my top scrobbles were all Angstbadan Blues Trio (Magnus’ band) because it was on constant repeat since its release. Last disclaimer: Veronica Maggio is Simon’s celebrity crush. Not mine.
Tl;dr: Songs o’ ’15:
G.R.L – Ugly Heart
Walk the Moon – Shut Up and Dance
Pitbull – Time of Our Lives
Mark Ronson – Uptown Funk
Wiz Khalifa feat. Charlie Puth – See You Again
OneRepublic – I Lived
Axwell^Ingrosso – On My Way
Lea Michele – Don’t Let Go
Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass
17. What was your favorite photograph of the year?
Best nine of Instagram:
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Studied harder and written more. Probably worked more, but I can’t be bothered.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With Simon’s family. I know, I know, last year I said we’d be home. Christmas not being a fan-favorite of mine, I’ve reached my Christmas spirit limit by now. Next year etc.
22. Did you fall in love in 2015?
This is not really applicable anymore, unless you count material things like my new Michael Kors leather tote or the blue Wooly World Yarn Yoshi Amiibo I just had to have. Speaking of that: the video game I played the most was NOT Jurassic World LEGO, but Super Mario Maker. I’ve already died 1478 times.
23. How did your creative writing go in 2015?
Medium-well. I made a storyboard for a screenplay to a Swedish TV-show, and entered it for a creative writing course. I also started another project in Swedish (I usually only write English stories). It might turn into a novel.
On the regular fiction side:
Untitled NaNo Project – 28,077 words
Two Hours at the Gym – One Shot – Unedited
The Scariest Thing in the World – One Shot – Unedited
Sorry for the downloads, I haven’t had the time to edit them for the story archive on the website yet.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
– I started watching Sons of Anarchy, but I honestly have no idea why because it’s waaay too violent for my taste. I even have the complete series on DVD. Why??
– We started watching Modern Family. It’s okay, but by now every single family member is annoying the crap out of me.
– Glee ended, but I haven’t watched the final few episodes yet. Mark Salling kind of ruined the show for me.
– Re-watching all of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air was nostalgic and entertaining.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
So many, so much.
26. What was the best book you read?
I’m working through Stephen King’s short stories and novellas. Kristine’s mom gave me most of her SK books (plus tons of other) and I’m in heaven.
Stephen King’s novel Doctor Sleep was awesome. I also started the new Bridget Jones book, but I never finished it.
This is an entry for another day, but I’m taking a stab at finishing this:
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Nothing new, really, aside from Angstbadan Blues Trio.
28. What did you want and get?
Studying law is pretty awesome.
29. What did you want and not get?
All those job positions I applied for.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
JURASSIC WORLD. I was crying from the point where the original theme started playing and throughout the whole movie, while Simon was laughing because they dropped baby dinosaurs from the sky.
They screened it on the flight home from New York and I was unreachable for hours.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Simon and Stefan watched some important soccer game. I was allowed to sit next to them while this happened. Can I be 40 soon so people care again?
32. How did you celebrate New Year’s Eve?
At Connect hotel in Skavsta by the airport. Sniff had a swell time, eating goodie bags and licking a drop of champagne at midnight.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
Hoodies and wellies.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ben McKenzie and Rachel Bilson. I’m stuck in yester-year, I know.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Nothing much. The refugees don’t really affect or bother me. The nice lady sitting outside our grocery store watches Sniff when I go inside to shop, and then we buy her something or give her some money.
37. Who did you miss?
Rambo and I miss Éowyn.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Some of my new classmates are pretty awesome. Our new neighbors are also pretty awesome.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
Am I still supposed to learn lessons and crap? Gah. Fine: Don’t keep your enemies closer. They’re annoying.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
”I’ve been looking for the map that leads me home,
I’ve been stumbling on good hearts turned to stone,
The road of good intentions has gone dry as a bone.”– We Take Care of Our Own – Bruce Springsteen
Previous years: