Det är dags för Året Som Gått 2014! Alla mina tidigare sammanfattningar har varit på engelska, så vi fortsätter därför den traditionen.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I survived another year, so yes. Go me! Next year I will write more. Maybe fight less. We’ll see.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but it was the year of the baby boom at work. Ick.
Our puppy was born, so that’s one…
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Éowyn died due to an incompetent vet and bad luck. I miss her very much, and Rambo does too.
5. What countries did you visit?
None! It’s the first year in a VERY long time that I didn’t travel abroad.
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
Health and money to spend on weird stuff like chew toys and designer jeans.
7. What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Simon’s birthday, which was a rollercoaster of failure because Éowyn died the same morning.
The ’80s themed costume party at work was memorable. And Simon doing the ice bucket challenge, haha.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
My self-confidence reached new limits. I didn’t stay silent when things were unfair. I interviewed for exciting jobs and positions.
9. What was your biggest failure?
There were a lot of conflicts, but each one of them was necessary. I didn’t stay as healthy as I would have wanted.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Mostly injuries, such as falling into walls head first etc etera. Sleep deprivation was also a big one.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Puppy, of course! And our apartment, but that’s a story for next year.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Simon and his never-wielding-but-sometimes-lacking patience. His self-fulfillment this year has been impressing.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Bleh. I sifted through loads of people and sorted out old friends that had become acquaintances. Some were horrid before and during the planning of my birthday. Good riddance. You know who you are.
14. Where did most of your money go?
For the apartment and my 30s bash.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My birthday! The party was awesome and all my best friends were there (minus Kristine and Sanity) plus my family and Simon’s family and OH SO MUCH FUN!
16. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Fergie – A Little Party Never Killed Nobody
Mumford & Sons – I Will Wait
Gavin DeGraw – Best I Ever Had
Pharrell Williams – Happy
Avicii, I guess. And that song from Frozen.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter
iii. richer or poorer? Same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
See my friends more often. I saw Sanity twice! And my other friends weren’t far behind on the count. I’m excited for next year when I’ll be closer to everyone, and Jennie might move to my new neighborhood! Yay! And I’m trying to fit in a trip to go see Kristine as well!
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I don’t know. I’m pretty perfect.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With Simon’s family again! Next year we’ll be home and hopefully our families will join us!
22. Did you fall in love in 2014?
Only with Sniff ♥
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Top Gear and Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yeah. But my KBT-exercises keep me from acting on it.
26. What was the best book you read?
I don’t know. I read a TON of puppy books, though.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I never cared much for Taylor Swift until this year. I learned how to hate The Latin Kings.
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
I wanted desperately to save Éowyn, but it was too late.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
22 Jump Street, White House Down and Neighbors. I also saw The Interview and war movies – Full Metal Jacket, The Plutoon, Jarhead and Apocalypse Now. And sooo many scary movies. Ick.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I think you already know! I’m 30 now. Whee!
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
Other people’s clothes. Simon’s. Elin’s. Anyone’s.
34. What kept you sane?
Simon. And continous calls to my mom.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election. Racism suck.
37. Who did you miss?
Éowyn and Sting. My babies.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Elin, hands down.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.
Fight with the right people for the right causes.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
”I never miss a beat
I’m lightning on my feet
That’s what they don’t see
I’m dancing on my own
I make the moves up as I go
And that’s what they don’t know”
Previous years can be found here.