Remember this time last year when I made a careful prediction that I might have time for regular updates again? Yeah, those were the days.
(I’ve had so much trouble with this damn laptop, and I’m never buying an Acer ever again.)
1. What did you do in 2017 that you’d never done before?
– I quit my job.
– I was hired straight out of school (and managed to graduate despite my dog meddling with my homework).
– I went on business trips, like a grown-up person.
– I visited Malmö.
– I was a bridesmaid in one of my best friends’ wedding. (All my photos from the wedding came out blurry or bad, so the tiny photo of Kristine and me is literally the best one I have of the two of us.)
– I went to a Håkan Hellström concert, and Veronica Maggio was there, and it rained. A lot.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Complete failure on the ’update blog more’. I did buy a new gym card, though.
Finally getting my sleeping pattern sorted out after ten years of night shifts would be nice.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Sniff’s best friend Hollie ♥
5. What countries did you visit?
Croatia, USA and Denmark. Two weddings and a visit to the Little Mermaid (don’t bother).
Vacationing in Croatia made me feel like I was a photographer for Dressman.
6. What would you like to have in 2018 that you lacked in 2017?
I did have a mixture of more money and limited time with dimwitted people this year! Next year I want money, fame and power – or at least new shoes.
7. What date from 2017 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Good date: October 13 – Kristine’s wedding. Maybe I’m exaggerating a bit, but I’m quite sure it was the experience of a lifetime.
Bad date: April 7 – my co-worker looked up and said jokingly ”It must be another states visit.” (We’re next building to an embassy.) And then more and more emergency vehicles drove by towards the city, so I looked it up, and it was a terror attack.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating with (almost) top grades. Turning my internship into a paid, fulltime job.
Graudation day with Simon.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Well, I did apply for a ton of other jobs that I half-heartedly wanted, and was turned down by every single one. Not sure it counts, since I was determined to stay where I was.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes. Back, neck, foot.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I can’t think of anything in particular. Probably my mouth guard, if you want the top most boring answer ever. And I finally went to a naprapath, and it was the best thing I’ve done all year. (Health wise.) I really recommend Naprapatiska Institutet in Stockholm.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Sniff was a true trooper this year. This is her waiting for teddy to come out of the washer.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I plead the Swedish equivalence of the fifth.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Other people’s weddings and supporting my student boyfriend. And food. Speaking of expensive food stuff, Jennie and I went to the Christmas buffet at Ångbåtsbryggan, and it was the best (only, tbh) seafood buffet I’ve ever had.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I’m sure it’s getting old, but the answer to this question is, again, Kristine’s wedding.
16. What song will always remind you of 2017?
Sweet Child O’ Mine. Unfortunately, I must say, because I went to see Guns N’ Roses’ amazing concert, and this guy behind me puked over my seat right as this song, which is also my favorite, of course, started playing. Thanks for nothing, Vomit Guy.
17. What was your favorite photograph of the year?
I’m trying to narrow it down, but it’s difficult. Next year I should take less pictures of my dog.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercise. I had to stop when I injured my foot and now my Body Pump routine is completely off.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Buzzfeed, ONTD and Cracked. So much procrastination.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
In my own home, with my lovely family of four. Fuzzy Face #1, Fuzzy Face #2 and Simon.
Christmas buffet for two.
22. What game did you play the most in 2017?
Super Mario Maker.
23. How did your creative writing go in 2017?
To be perfectly honest, I can’t remember if I wrote anything at all this year. I did some outlines for upcoming stories, but that’s about it. #failure
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Crazy Ex-girlfriend. I held off on it for the longest time, because I thought it was the 2006 movie My Super Ex-Girlfriend. Now I’m hooked, and I haven’t seen any other show that portraits BPD, which I’m diagnosed with, in quite this way before.
I also started watching Jane the Virgin, which is a nice show but nothing more. As long as I suspend my disbelief, I can get through all the ups and downs.
(Third season of Lovesick premieres today, btw!)
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t think so. Graduating and quitting my job really put a damper on the anger. I still hate the same stuff I always do, though.
26. What was the best book you read?
I finally read Stephen King’s ’Salem’s Lot, and it was great. I thought it would be a drag, because so many fans dislike it, but I thought it was really inspiring. It almost made me write. I also, finally, read the entire Beck series. Almost, at least. I burned through, like, seven books during the summer vacation, when I reached the last book, and since this summer I haven’t found the time to finish the last 200 pages. Figures.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I discovered nothing new this year. Didn’t add a single new song or artist to Spotify. I’m an old lady now.
EDIT: SILLY ME. I added everything related to Crazy Ex-girlfriend, of course. How could I forget?
…BUT THAT’S NOT WHY I’M HEEEERE!
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
A bunch of other jobs. I also wanted to get in shape for Kristine’s wedding, but my dumbass foot put a stop to those plans.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
IT. Aside from the characterization of Bev, it was amazing. I even dared watch it in the theaters.
I also watched Wonder Woman in the theaters, and it was a positive experience, but I’m not sure I would care enough to re-watch it. The worst movie I saw in theaters was Murder on the Orient Express.
Older movies that I watched this year and really made an impact on me was Frozen (the one where wolves eat snowboarders, not the other one), No Escape (with Lake Bell) and Into the Forest (with Ellen Page). No Escape in particular stayed with me for the longest time.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had an important job interview that day. I turned 33 years old.
32. How did you celebrate New Year’s Eve?
We spent it at home with Simon’s grandfather, ate lots of sea food, and protected Sniff from all those nasty fireworks. I should add that to the list of people I hate: people that use their fireworks days in advance, and days after, New Years Eve. Seriously, assholes. The timeframe is 23:45-00:15 on December 31st to January 1st. Any other time you use fireworks means you’re an absolute asshole.
Oh, and to the person that committed burglary at 6:30 PM on December 31st and stole our suitcases? You’re not exactly a catch either.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2017?
Business casual. But all my clothes have holes in them, so I really should buy new ones.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I keep a list of people that haven’t turned out to be complete assholes in the wake of #metoo. It’s unfortunately a rather short list. So many of my favorite movies and TV shows were ruined by assholes this year, because it makes me uncomfortable to even see them on my screen, not to mention pay for their careers to continue. I’m really glad Murder on the Orient Express was a free viewing paid for my union, for example.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don’t even want to get into it. This year was such a ballbuster.
37. Who did you miss?
I miss not getting to see my favorite classmates every day, after two years together. Even if you’re super close, you fall out of touch really fast, when real life separates you.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I didn’t meet any new people this year. All the best ones were already around.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2017.
Don’t hang on for too long.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
”It’ll work itself out fine
All we need is just a little patience”
Last year: